Monday, August 18, 2008

A New to Us Zoo

We went to Southwick's Zoo today. I had never been before but had heard good things about it so I wanted to check it out before school starts next week. We invited the cousins to come along with us too.


Checking things out
Emma wasn't really into anything at first. She is in the middle of an "I'm so scared" phase. This particular phase involves fear of EVERYTHING. On the way to the zoo she was super excited and talking it all up. As soon as we walked into it she wanted to be held the entire time, fun. She did better after lunch so that's a bonus. Especially for Josh's back.

Funniest Sign in the Zoo

Ah...the Llamas. Remeber when I was zoo counselor that summer? I still hate llamas but I hate mini horses more. Guess what was in this pen with the Llama? Yup a mini-horse, and I still hate them both.

Petting Zoo:
Emma was still in the fear state here. We watched Daddy, Uncle Matt, and the boys pet all the goats and some baby cows, so cute!

Attempt at group shot #1
(Ethan was sleeping)
They have this cool part where you can go and feed the deer. Emma was terrified but coped pretty well in there.



He is doing the Ethan pout:
Emma and Hayden had some cute moments today.
Cute Moment #1

Cute Moment #2

The Playground


Cute Moment #3



Toby was asked to be in the Dog Trick show. Who knew he was such a little ham?



Emma and her favorite animals
The Giraffes not that random guy and his son.

Ethan spent most of the day like this:

All in all it was a great zoo day. I'm glad the Cumberland Almeidas joined us. Everyone really behaved themselves and we really didn't have any major breakdowns. Now the countdown to back to school begins, boo hoo. I guess being off since mid-April is long enough though.

No comments: