Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Saga of Ethan's Crib....ugh!

Some of you might recall this past summer there was a huge crib recall. I was still pregnant with Ethan when we found out that Emma's crib was being recalled. I guess that if the baby kicks the wood slats the right way they could break and the baby could become trapped.

We had to wait for a package to come in the mail. Take apart the crib. Put all the crib bolts in an envelope and wait for a voucher to come in the mail. By the time the voucher came Ethan was almost 3 months old.

I went to Babies R Us with voucher and had to chose one of the three white cribs they had. I had to get white to match the rest of the furniture. It ended up costing me like $80 extra. Once home I went online and picked out one I liked better and it was cheaper so I returned crib 2 to the store and ordered crib 3.

Now I had to wait for the FedEx guy to come. It seemed like he would never get to our house. Ethan was out growing the pack 'n' play that the poor guy was forced to sleep in. I also kicked him and the pack 'n play out of our room because he is like sleeping next to a baby pig, snorting all night long.

When the crib finally arrived the box was pretty banged up but we were just happy it came. Josh and I assembled it in a 100 degree room, drenched in sweat but Ethan had a crib, yeah!

Well don't get too excited....if you have been reading this blog you might recall this post. The one showcasing his new room where I mentioned the new crib was broken. I called the crib company and she asked me which parts were broken and said that they would arrive in 5-7 days.

Fast Forward to this week, which is by the way 2 weeks later. The new parts are yet to arrive. Earlier this week Josh called the company again only to discover that crib #3 has been discontinued. Which means they no longer carry the parts we require. Now we need to take apart crib #3 and mail it back to BabiesRUs.com and purchase crib #4! UGH!

That, folks, is how I will be spending my Saturday. Josh, Emma, Ethan, and I will be heading back to Babies R Us today and most likely purchasing crib #2 again. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That is terrible. I hope the next one is the final crib.