Monday, May 25, 2009

Finally...Disney Day One

I was trying to think of the best way to tell our Disney story. I know it is going to be long so I have decided to post it by day. Now, after a much anticipated wait, here it is Day One of Disney.

We left for the airport at 4 am on April 28th to catch our 6 am flight. Both kids were fantastic on the planes. Ethan slept on both flights and Emma slept most of the second flight. When we arrived in Orlando around 11am both kids were well rested and ready to start the fun.

Our plan was to catch the Magical Express to our hotel and then go to Epcot for the rest of the day. We knew we had officially arrived when we saw this:

When our bus, oh I mean Magical Express, pulled up to our hotel I looked out the window and saw a man holding balloons and a sign that said, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort Welcomes the Almeida Family. That's us! When I got off I told the man that we were the Almeida Family and he congratulated us and told us that we were family of the day. They took our picture on the red carpet and walked us right up to our room. We didn't have to check in or anything. Everything was in our room waiting for us and we even got a free refrigerator for the week. This trip was starting off great!!!

Emma excited in our room.

Playing outside our hotel.
The "secret stairs" in the football.
After we stopped jumping up and down with excitement that we had arrived, the plane trip went fantastic, and that we were family of the day we had a little lunch at our hotel.

Then it was off to Epcot.
It turns out that Emma LOVED meeting the characters. It turned out to be her favorite part of our trip. We didn't know how it would go since Santa is still pretty scary but she ate it right up.

Meeting Mickey

...and Pluto

Minnie Mouse

Ethan, on the other hand, wasn't all that thrilled.
Donald Duck
Finally Goofy...

He swept Emma right off her feet. Can you see her hair?

He's so goofy!

Playing with R2-D2


Josh outside Mission Space

Day One went pretty well. Epcot was in the middle their Garden Expo and everything was just absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had taken more pictures of the princesses that had made out of flowers but that is were the Emma meltdowns began. We were up at 3am so all things considered it was a fantastic first day.

No comments: